Often we assume that only women enjoy looking after & pampering themselves.
Though lately, the trend for Men’s personal grooming, whether it’s for their beards and faces is a lot more popular. When I was young, I used to watch my Dad foam his face with the brush and then shave his face, before slapping on Tabac Cologne. My Dad maintained his curly hair short, kept his fingernails filed, trimmed and clean.It was part of his military training as a young man in Italy. For me, this is what men were supposed to do.
Today, all the additional aspects of Men’s personal grooming is cool and trendy, and shows that a man loves to take care of himself beyond just shaving. Even TV shows like ‘Suits’ shows the character Louis Litt in a Mud Bath as part of his relaxation therapy!!Women love the appearance of a man who is well groomed from hair to feet. Made more popular when the man is fit, healthy and has a matching six-pack like Magic Mike’s team.
When I began making the skincare products, my husband thought mine was a bit too ‘girly’ for him. Going through my list of Essential Oils and their amazing benefits , I developed the Hydrating Face Balm with its masculine scent which reminded both of us of the aftershave called ‘Aramis’. Sandalwood (Amyris Balsamifera) was included in this men’s over 30’s balm, not only for this wonderful aroma, but because of what it does to the mind and skin. When applied to the face in the form of the Balm & Serum, it can encourages the anti-aging process, promoting new skin cells and the rejuvenation process to continue. The Serum and Men’s Face Balm All-Natural products are offered as a Bundle on our webpage – Mens’ Aftershave Care. The Vitamin Rich Mens Face Balm which also contains Sandalwood, assists those men whose skin is irritated with Acne / Rosacea.
As mentioned in the Newsletter, there are some amazing benefits with using Sandalwood , which includes:
• having a calming effect on our well-being and mental health. It can provide a sense of clarity from its therapeutic benefits;
• It can help boost our memory, particularly if you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed out;
• Added to massage oil, Sandalwood can increase your libido and energy levels, working as a natural aphrodisiac;
• It can work as an Astringent, motivating your skin tissues to have minor contractions, which help soothe, calm and tighten the skin;
• The antioxidants found in Sandalwood can assist with reducing damage caused by free radicals which can cause the early aging process.For this reason, Sandalwood was included to the Mens Range.
Additional to the Men’s Personal Grooming products for Body & Feet are the Peppermint Feet & Mint Body Butter. Made using Peppermint Essential Oil with its cooling effect, they smell so divine you may be tempted to want to eat it.Not only does the balm hydrate and maintaining the skin, but it also keeps Athlete’s foot, fungal infections and odours at bay.The Mint Body butter has assisted with reduction of scarring whilst hydrating the skin,especially after being out in the sunshine.
If your hair thinning out concerns you, there are a few options you could do.
• First, find a natural shampoo and conditioner that contains Biotin, otherwise known as Vitamin B7. This water-soluble vitamin is part of the vitamin B complex, which assists the strengthening process for your hair, nails and skin.It can also be taken internally in a B-complex supplement.
• Second, Evening Primrose Oil which is rich in essential Omega-6 Fatty acids GLA can also be effective with fighting against hair loss.This can either be consumed in capsule form or the Vegetable oil can be massaged directly to the scalp with essential oils.For more information about Evening Primrose Oil for hair growth, see: Favourite Vegetable Oils in our Blog Library;
• Black Seed Oil has been used by a close friend of mine to encourage hair growth.It can naturally boost the hair and scalp’s health is different ways.It contains nigellone and has antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it can stop dandruff, dryness as well as improve the hair’s overall health simultaneously.
• Rosemary essential oils helps to stimulate hair growth. When applied on the scalp diluted in a Vegetable oil like Evening Primrose & Black Seed Oil, rosemary essential oil helps stimulate hair growth, prevent baldness, slows down the greying process, as well as treating dandruff and dry scalp.
Your Men’s Personal grooming should include night time cleansing using Cypress Cleansing Balm to help boost your skin’s appearance.In a short space of time, your skin will feel lifted and refreshed.To soften the delicate skin around your eyes, you can use an all-natural balm Cool Eyes with Cucumber Oil, which is hydrating and soothing.And on a weekly basis, enjoy a gentle exfoliant and clay mask.Treat your skin whilst chillaxing on the weekend, to help draw out any impurities and remove dead skin cells.Ensure you get the right Coloured Clays for your skin type.
Personal fitness and training, with relaxation, yoga and massage is a fabulous way of taking care of your mind, body and spirit.Perhaps look into Osteopath realignment oran amazing Thai Massage.
In Summary, be the man that isn’t embarrassed to go the extra mile to look your best. Your body, your hair, your skin will all thank you. You will be able to enjoy a youthful appearance well into your mid-life years.Other helpful tips for keeping that gorgeous masculine glow – ensure you don’t use super-hot water on your face, cleanse only at night time, drink plenty of water and keep your face protected from the sun.
We have had some amazing Before & After results using the All-Natural Skincare products, which have been shared on the Reviews & Testimonials’. Get yourself featured on the Happy Customers at the top of our webpage Testimonials.If you wish to be included, please send me a recent picture of yourself without makeup with your testimonial.
You can also request to join the various groups I have set up: Essentially Lili Q&A – Taking Care of Your Skin and Essentially Lili Nutrition & Well Being. Here you can ask your questions for conversation and resolution.I share not only what I have studied with the school in London about Nutrition and the Body, but what the other experts write too.You can also check out the previous Blogs regarding the Products, Essential Oils, their Benefits, Managing Stress, Raiding Your Fridge and the funny Pedicure one too.
If you are looking to fast forward your journey to recovery, you can book a Consult Therapist session.I will help you get the results you want as I have already been on that hard journey; who has endured & persisted; has had high and low moments; who can empathise, sympathise and encourage you along your path. Check out the variety of Help Skin Assistance products available on the webpage.
What’s your idea of a well-groomed man?
Who is your favourite celebrity and from what TV show?
What would you like to see added to the product Range?
we offer. The other Essentially Lili’s Blogs can also be found on our webpage or you can send an email to email@example.com should you need further assistance.
Always love to hear from you, Kind Regards Lili @ Essentially Lili
Check out the Gallery of Pictures – Men’s Personal Grooming: Hydrating Face balm & Aftershave Serum, Sandalwood, Coloured Clays, Salts Scrub and Feet Treatment & Mint Body Butter