Taking Time Out
Taking Time Out-
Chillax, Relax & be kind to yourself.
Taking Time Out – Chillax, Relax & be kind to yourself, in order to get your health back on track.
I recently wrote about our wonderfully fun travels in Italy … we love going there and enjoying everything it has to offer. Great food, wonderful beaches, fun people and other adventurers making their way to Italy. What I dreaded the most was the consequences of my indulgent eating habits catching up to me.
And it did catch up, in a number of way. First with my weight, piling on a few too many kilos that made me feel uncomfortable and self-conscious. I would wear baggy clothes just to hide some of it.
It also irritated my skin, as the build-up of Dairy products in my system eventually comes out on my hands. They were irritated, swollen, cracked, itchy and bleeding. Has this happened to you?
I can never know how long it will take for my body to rid itself of the build-up of lactose in my system. But one thing it needs is time, persistence and patience.The irritations began in August and are still not 100% in October. That’s nearly 3 months of discipline.This just goes to show that there is never a quick overnight solution to long-term problems. Whilst I apply my products continuously throughout the day, the main factor that helps me resolve it is controlling my diet. I must ensure that it’s dairy-free to prevent Eczema become part of my life. Don’t get me wrong – I do enjoy some dairy products, I just should not eat them as they are not good for me and my body if I want to remain Eczema Free.
In June, I weighed myself and was not happy with what the scales showed. Since returning from holidays in August, I cut back without totally eliminating carbs from my diet. I removed the dairy products which I’m intolerant to anyways, in order to allow my body the time needed to heal and get my hands sorted out again. I asked my family to help out too, with tasks like washing up, as even hot water can cause my skin to become irritated. It’s so frustrating and yet time, persistence and patience is needed for me to get the results I want.
Today I am less bloated from changing what foods I have been eating. When weighing myself recently, I have lost 5.4 kilos which has allowed me to move down a notch on my belt. I am really pleased considering this is happened without doing gym type exercise. I still have a while to go to reach and remain in my ideal weight bracket.
The other thing is taking the advice from those that are older than us.Our 89-year-old neighbour recently passed away, leaving behind his wife of 61 years of marriage and 2 daughters. The years he suffered being unwell meant he spent a lot of time going back and forth between the hospital, the elderly people’s home and his own place. It caused a lot of anguish and stress for his wife, never knowing if he would be well enough to just stay home without any need for assistance. We talked about his health and the advice she gave me was, ‘Don’t leave things unfixed or too late if they need to be resolved. Get them sorted out whilst you can.’So it’s time for me to finally go and get myself sorted and take time out.
Diastasis Recti, an umbilical hernia is when your intestine or other tissues inside your abdominal cavity bulge through the weak spot around the belly button, leading to an alien looking “outie” belly button.In addition to protruding outward, the belly button area may also become swollen and a bit painful.
My hernia pops out like an alien hand especially if I have eaten too much.It was bothering me for a while now, and this year I have decided to get it sorted out. On the 24th October, I’ll be having this operation, removing that little alien and whatever else shouldn’t be there, whilst having the split muscle meshed back in. It will mean resting up for 10 days as I will be unable to lift or put too much emphasis on my core muscles. I could risk damaging the operation repair and having the muscle tear again. I will be able to just chillax, relax and allow my family here take care of me for a change. Though the down side is having to put all production of new products on hold for a while.
About the Diastasis Recti – which ironically can also be caused by doing lots of core exercises!
The most common can develop during the 2nd trimester, peak during the 3rd and remain after delivery. During the pregnancy, the hormones such as relaxin are released which can weaken the tissues of the abs. Whilst the belly is growing, the ab muscles are thinned and stretched, adding pressure to the whole abdominal region. Months after the birth of the child, the abdominal muscles can naturally come together a little, improving any diastasis recti, though it’s not always totally resolved.It’s even more common for those giving birth to twins or having multiple pregnancies where the initial hernia was already existing.
Diastasis recti isn’t a serious condition, nor particularly dangerous, but it makes sense to treat it before it gets bigger.It could lead to postural problems and other symptoms if left too long.Speak with your Doctor, Gynaecologist, or physical therapist especially if you have pain and discomfort in your abdominal area or back. Always get medical help if you see other signs of a hernia, have severe gastrointestinal issues, notice swelling around your abs that lasts more than several days. You should visit your primary doctor or even a general surgeon to have a CT scan if you have a true concern about having a hernia, since this may require a medical intervention.
Other factors for hernias include:
• Being Obese or gaining weight, especially around the belly area;
• Being over the age of 35;
• Having injuries. trauma or surgery to the abdominal area;
• Repetitive core exercises such as Pilates and stomach crunches could increase your risk;
• Exercises and sports that require you to arch your back and twist from side to side can also increase your risk.These include sports like Tennis, Golf, Gymnastics, Yoga, Biking, Weight-lifting and even swimming.
• Injecting the abdominal area with steroids can cause the muscles to weaken.
• Who would have thought that being naturally flexible can cause the connective tissues to stretch and thin out?
Other natural ways of preventing a hernia:
1. Do some physical therapy;
2. Make sure your exercises are specific for strengthening the core without further damaging the area;
3. Try to prevent adding abdominal pressure to the area – lifting, carrying;
4. Keeping a healthy weight; and
5. Treating hernias before they become bigger.
As mentioned on the latest newsletter, the benefits of Grapeseed Oil for scarring is amazing.In case you missed the newsletter. Grapeseed Oil (Vitis vinifera) comes from the seeds of grapes, a by-product of making wine. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids with the highest levels of Omega-6 Fatty Acids, compared to other Vegetable Oils. Some of the Benefits of Grapeseed Oil includes:
* It is an emoliant that is rich in Vitamins C, D and E, making it great for reducing wrinkles, stretch marks and scars,
* It helps tighten the skin.
* It plays a protective role in the body as the oil contains linoleic acid which converts to GLA (gamma-linoleic acid) in the body.
* It contains no trans fat.
* Grapeseed Oil has an ideal thickness for cosmetic products.
* Grapeseed Oil helps treat acne with the polyphenois and antioxidants contained within.
* It works well as an able moisturiser, helping to balance out both dry and oily patches on the skin.
* If used as a toner, the Grapeseed Oil can not only cleanse the skin but penetrate the pores to resolve breakouts.
* It’s a great oil to use for Massage therapy as it is absorbed by the skin well.
* For those seeking a moisturising & conditioning oil for their hair, Grapeseed Oil is lighter than both Olive & Coconut, and doesn’t leave the hair feeling greasy.It can also help reduce dandruff and hair loss, strengthening the hair, allowing it to grow faster.
Essentially Lili Products containing Grapeseed Oil include:
* Mint Body Butter is my husband’s favourite.
* Jazz Body Butter – containing Lemongrass and Jasmine, which is one of my favourites.
* Sun Kissed Balm – for Sunspots & Discolouration, rich in Vitamins contained in Grapeseed Oil.
* Sunflower Cleanser – For those of you suffering with Acne, cleansing is key to removing excess from your pores and keeping it hydrated helps it from drying out.
* Rosey Hemp Hands – keeping hands soft during the winters.Recently used on my customer’s Dog Paws too! 🙂 This product is currently on offer as there are a few left.
* Go Molly-to help repair the skin and treat Molluscum / Flying Warts.
* Pox Potion – rich in vitamins to help get rid of any scars caused by Chicken Pox. This is made fresh upon Request.
So for the time being, I will continue my quest to help my body from within with my new eating habits. And I will get my Umbilical Hernia sorted out on the 24th October.My plan is to be offline whilst I recuperate. Though knowing me, I will still post on Instagram & Facebook to keep in touch.If you need anything, please order your products before the 22nd of October so that I can send them out on the 23rd.I hope you understand this need for Taking Time Out for me.
In the meantime, we have had some wonderful stories and results from customers using a variety of the Essentially Lili Products. Some of these results have happened very quickly, whilst others have seen the difference after a few weeks. It is really wonderful for me to read these messages. Please feel free to write your reviews, In your words, directly on the webpage and Facebook Pages.Your feedback allows us to celebrate the successes and to tweak what needs adjusting when something doesn’t go right. I’m the first to admit when I have made a mistake.
We have had some amazing Before & After results using the All-Natural Skincare products, which have been shared on the Reviews & Testimonials’. Get yourself featured on the Happy Customers at the top of our webpage Testimonials.If you wish to be included, please send me a recent picture of yourself without makeup with your testimonial.
You can also request to join the various groups I have set up: Essentially Lili Q&A – Taking Care of Your Skin and Essentially Lili Nutrition & Well Being. Here you can ask your questions for conversation and resolution.I share not only what I have studied with the school in London about Nutrition and the Body, but what the other experts write too. You can also check out the previous Blogs regarding the Anguish of Acne/Rosacea, Essentially Lili Products, Essential Oils, their Benefits, Managing Stress, Raiding Your Fridge and the funny Pedicure one too.
If you are looking to fast forward your journey to recovery, you can book your Consultation . I will help you get the results you want as I have already been on that hard journey; who has endured & persisted; has had high and low moments; who can empathise, sympathise and encourage you along your path. Check out the variety of Products available on the webpage.
What have been your diet secrets for losing weight?Have you had to get rid of a Hernia? What kind was it and what did you do to treat it?
You can read more About Lili here and see the Products we offer. The other Essentially Lili’s Blogs can also be found on our webpage or you can send an email to email@example.com should you need further assistance.
Always love to hear from you, Kind Regards Lili @ Essentially Lili
Check out the Gallery of Pictures – Taking Time Out: Products that help, Day out, Chillaxing in Italy, Art representing my Hernia, Diastasis Recti Hernia.