What happened to the beginning of the year? One minute we’re putting our winter woollies on and watching the snowfall, the next, the blossoms have come and gone and April is almost finished.It’s taken me awhile to get organised with ordering my next batch of Sunblocks for the summer.But finding the right ones for me came from trial and error as far back as I can remember.
Growing up in Australia, I spent a lot of my days outside or at the beach jet-skiing with my siblings and friends.I remember the first time we went jet-skiing, we ached so much from doing it all wrong that we couldn’t move at the end of the day. We laughed so much and had such a great time.
In Australia, the sun is so strong that it’s recommended to ‘Slip Slop and Slap’ protection all the time. Applying sunscreen to my face was always a risk for me.I tried using cricketers’ zinc but found it so harsh on my face.It became so hard that I could only remove it by scrubbing my already sensitive skin. If I used creamy sunscreens, my face would become clogged and prone to breaking out in Acne.
Urgh, the dread for me trying to protect my skin without causing other problems.
For quite some time, I found sunblock that is thicker in size than a regular lip balm which is easy to apply and suits my skin just right. Look for those with SPF Factor 30+. I apply mine before going out in the sunshine. Gently massage the sunblock it your skin, particularly around the eyes, nose and face. To slow down the aging process, avoid roasting your face directly under the sun.
If you’re sharing sunblock with your immediate family, wipe the top off beforehand. This will prevent anything from one’s face being passed to yours. I don’t usually allow anyone else to use my sunblock.
Wear a hat to shade your face, or a shirt/ T-shirt whilst walking around to prevent unnecessary burning and sun damage. When the clouds are out but the weather is muggy, be aware that you can still get burnt from the UV Rays of the sun. We don’t even realise how hot the sun until after our skin is stinging, red or covered in discoloured sunspots. Of course, you could style it up like Audrey Hepburn and Sophie Loren with a classy headscarf and huge sunglasses too!
Keep yourself hydrated, preferably with water. Whilst we’re out in the sunshine swimming in the beach, lake, pool or river, we are refreshed and cooled down. When we get out to dry off, the sun draws not only the water from the surface of our skin, but that which is within. It’s important to remain hydrated, with water, fruits and other refreshing options available during the summer.
Image of Riaci Beach Calabria Italy & Fresh fruits to indulge on.
After sun care is extremely important too. We often forget about taking care of our skin should be part of our daily life, as it’s the only one we’re going to get. Once we’re returned from enjoying the summer weather, beach and scenery, we start the whole age appropriate after care routine. This will ensure the skin is replenished from being outside. It will also keep that glowing tan healthy looking too.
Re-hydrating the skin is just as important as drinking water.
What we use on holidays or during the summer:
• For the Kids, we use the Natural Baby Moisturising Oil which is easy to apply and gentle enough from their faces to their feet.
• Dad uses the Hydrating Face Balm as it smells of Sandalwood and keeps his skin feeling wonderful soft.
• For me, it’s a combination of products starting with my cleansing to ensure that the sunblock has been removed. Choose from either the Cypress Cleansing Balm which is made with Beeswax, Butters and Essential Oils or the Oil based Sunflower Cleanser
• Then I use the Frankincense Face Serum with the Nourishing Face Balm to hydrate and protect my skin.
• Depending on what we bring with us, we apply either the Jazz Body Butter , the Geranium Hands & Body or the Mint Body Butter on our shoulders, arms, tummy and legs.Either one is gorgeous with its natural scent and feels lush as it melts into the skin and keeps it hydrated for such a long time.
• And don’t forget your feet especially if you’re planning to wear open shoes or sling-backs!!Peppermint Feet keeps those heels soft and helps prevent fungal infections and smelly feet. But if you’re expecting or nursing, use the Tango Twinkle Toes or the Lime Foot Repair instead.
But don’t despair if you have damaged your skin already.I made the Sun Kissed Balm to assist with sunspots and discolouration caused by the sun.This product can only be used at night time to prevent your skin becoming more sensitive to the sun.
This month I have bought extra Sunblocks. Should you wish to get some let me know so that I can do another bulk order for you.It will include a portion of the delivery cost to save you money ordering yourself.
Images Essentially Lili all-natural skincare products that you can use for after-sun care.
- What’s your favourite sunblock product?</li/>
- Have you ever considered using Sunblock versus Sunscreen on your face?
- Have you had any sunshine mishaps?
- Feel free to comment and share your personal stories below.
About Lili & Essentially Lili
My Health Studies include from 2016-2019 Diplomas in Aromatherapy, Holistic Skincare Products, Clinical Nutrition, Stress Management, Reflexology, Holistic Pain Management. I’m a Member of International College of Holistic Medicine. I’m currently studying Clinical Nutrition for Over 50s.
My aim is to help you get the results you want as I have already been on that hard journey to overcome the autoimmune disorder. If you wish to know more about Clinical Nutrition and how to kick start your health, book a private Consultation. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org should you need further assistance. At Essentially Lili, the products made are all using 100% Natural Ingredients. See the wide variety of Products available on the webpage.
Shou ldyou need help in deciding, start by reading the Reviews & Testimonials about other Customers who have enjoyed using the products. We have had some amazing Before & After results from Clients using the All-Natural Skincare products. Please don’t forget to write your comments and reviews on our pages to share the love with others.
See the Blog Library for previous writings about Alopecia Areata, Face Mapping, Dry Skin in Winter, Raiding Your Fridge, Keratosis Pilaris Tips, Anguish of Acne/Rosacea, How to deal with Cystic Acne & Understanding Your Body. Your feedback allows us to improve the content and information provided and products made.
We look forward to hearing from you, With Love Essentially Lili x